October 15, 2012 by preventyouthdrugabuse
I’m just going to give a quick summary of everything so far.
– Drug use exists and is very real.
– Starts in some from ages as young as 12
– Cannabis most common drug
– Youth are more susceptible to drug addiction than adults
– Youth are the highest percentage of those persecuted for drug use
– Prolonged Cannabis use from a young age can reduce IQ
– Regulation and Decriminalisation of Drugs can help stop the problem
– Measures to stop youth accessing drugs through age restrictions
– Measures to stop secondary supply through quantity restrictions
– Safer and cleaner drugs – made to a safety standard so if youth do use, the immediate health risks are not as high.
– Taxable product – income can help support programs to properly educate those about the effects of drugs and rehabilitation programs to help those who are addicted
– Diminishes the black market (the current market for illegal drugs) – takes wealth away from criminals
– Decriminalising drugs stops youth from being criminalised for minor things like possession of cannabis – this can ruin their life more than anything
– The family and friends plays an important role!
– To work alongside regulation laws as they are both influential to teens
– Poor social factors can lead to drug use amongst youth
– Role is to educate, discuss, support
– Hugs can stop drugs